Each month my dear friend Giovanna (an extremely talented chef and bakery owner), writes a recipe for me and all of you! I am not a wiz in the kitchen so I rely on friends and family to share recipes and ideas. This Tumeric Chicken & Grilled Vegetables hit the spot. I hope you enjoy it! xo Carey
Although to all of us Connecticut folk, it doesn’t quite feel like grill weather is upon us but it totally is!
My favorite way to gather a bunch of friends is to have a smile on my face, a drink in my hand, and the smell of food smoking on the grill.
Below is my recipe for Tumeric Chicken and Grilled Vegetables.
Start off with your favorite cut of chicken, mine is the breast, thinly cut, about one pound.
- 1Tbsp garlic powder, tumeric, cumin, and curry powder, parsley and 1tsp of salt.
- Sprinkle generously over chicken.
- I’m all about the vegetables so grab whatever you have in your fridge. I had zucchini, grape tomatoes, and onions. sprinkle them with salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Grill, until chicken is cooked until 165 degrees and vegetables are tender.
- My taste trick, cut a fresh lemon in half and squeeze to baste with every flip.
- Top with Greek yogurt or sour cream, and enjoy!